OnWire Participates in Cognitive Security Event for the Commonwealth of Virginia

OnWire, a Small, Woman-Owned, and Minority-Owned Business (SWaM), recently participated in a cognitive security event for the Commonwealth of Virginia. Triad Technologies hosted the event, which took place on Tuesday, June 14, at the Jefferson Hotel in Richmond, Virginia. The event saw government, commercial, and security experts come together to explore the use of cloud and cognitive security.

As highlighted in the presentation given by J. Ted Childs, IBM Global Services Manager for Cloud and Access Management, recent data suggests that companies are shifting towards cognitive security solutions. Traditional security relies heavily on structured data that is analyzed and organized by technology – but that accounts for only 20 percent of the data in the world. Unstructured knowledge, the other 80 percent, often helps stop threats and is most valuable in detecting breaches before they cause harm.

Cognitive systems are able to process and interpret unstructured data, such as written and spoken language. The current generation of systems is deemed “reactive” – i.e., they respond and detect attacks – whereas cognitive security is “proactive” – i.e., they continually multi-task and are forward focused. As cognitive security continues to expand, new attacks will be weakened and application security will be strengthened.

“OnWire, a Tier 1 IBM channel partner, is leading the way as IBM transitions into a cloud-based delivery model,” says J. Ted Childs. “With qualifications in Federal, SLED and commercial, OnWire is uniquely positioned to [sell] their world class solution.” As part of the growing trend, OnWire CEO, Chonly Wang, addressed the crowd and explained how OnCloud®, OnWire’s Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) Ready Identity and Access Management (IAM) Platform solution, is able to integrate with cognitive systems. “There’s an interesting intersection of Cognitive Science and Security, and we think IBM is leading the charge with Watson,” says Chonly Wang. “By combining the power of AI to analyze unstructured data and usage patterns, it is now possible to factor user behavior as a criteria for access decisions.  We are very excited to bring this technology into our OnCloud IAM platform.”


About OnCloud

OnCloud is a comprehensive Identity and Access Management (IAM) Platform. OnCloud utilizes IBM’s market-leading technology to provide a full and adaptable set of IAM capabilities, including Identity Governance, Strong Authentication, Access Control, Single Sign-On, and Federation. OnCloud, the first IAM Platform approved as FedRAMP Ready, is infrastructure agnostic and can be deployed on the customer’s infrastructure of choice.


About OnWire

OnWire is a certified 8(a) and Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB). As an IBM Business Partner, the company’s leadership in Identity and Access Management (IAM) security solutions provides products and services to assist customers in defining strategy, centralizing identity management and reducing the cost associated with user provisioning and access management. OnWire R&D strives to provide the government and commercial sectors with solutions that support efficient management of the entire identity lifecycle.

For more information, call 919-714-7300.